Monday, May 18, 2009

Opera. Das Rheingold.

Indianapolis Opera closed this season with a performance of Das Rheingold in conjunction with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra. Totally awesome but not a really packed house. I don't know why.
I had read a little bit about what was going to happen before going
Let me explain the Prelude.
In music, a drone is a harmonic or monophonic effect or accompaniment where a note or chord is continuously sounded throughout most or all of a piece, sustained or repeated, and most often establishing a tonality upon which the rest of the piece is built.*straight from wikipedia.
This is the best example of drone music in concert repertory. I'll set the scene here. The scene fades in and then heads underwater where three chicks are guarding this magical gold. Just beautiful. check it out.
*just music and this picture. no actual video.

1 comment:

  1. This starts off extremely slow, just when I thought I had enough it really picks up. It's sad to hear it was not a sell out.

    ReplyDelete