Friday, May 1, 2009

Antony Hegarty

As I've said before I sometimes dvr the last 7 minutes of Late Night talk shows. For the first time ever, I dvr'd Craig Ferguson, to see Antony and the Johnsons. I've wanted to post about Antony for so long but I was afraid that my words and a short blog post would not be sufficient to capture just the sheer magnitude awesomeness of Antony.

Here is a photo of Antony a different look certainly. As a transgender individual Antony does not identify with being a man or a woman. That is of no matter to me, I just love the music.
The biggest hit has been Blind - Vocals by Antony and Music by Hercules and Love Affair.

Blind (Full Album Version) - Hercules And Love Affair
More of Antony's traditional songs and my favorites.
I didn't like Antony's performance on Craig so here is the video from Another World

careful... it is just a chick dancing. But the music is beautiful.
Here is another weird video not for the faint of heart, but again the music itself is so moving. Antony and the Johnson - Epilepsy Is Dancing

No comments:

Post a Comment